Thursday, July 25, 2013

One Direction's 'This Is Us' Captures 'The Ups, The Downs' Of 1D









In the years since One Direction met three years ago on the "X Factor" in the U.K., they have become world-famous pop superstars, leaving girls swooning all around the world. And that's why "This Is Us" producer, Ben Winston, notes that their real story plays out better than any fictional movie ever could. "I think that if you were to go into a Hollywood office and say 'I got this idea for a film. Five unknown guys coming from absolutely nowhere and within two or three years there going to be some of the most famous altruists on the planet, winning MTV Awards, be hugely successful, having world tours... I think you'd go 'I don't believe that script. That can't be true. It could never happen,' " Winston explained  about the 3-D movie.


Winston's been along for the ride, having worked with the guys on their 2011 small-screen doc, "One Direction: A Year in the Making," directed their new video for "Best Song Ever" and is now producing the Morgan Spurlock-directed doc/concert film, out August 30. Shooting has completed on the movie and it's currently being edited. He also notes that the film will also set the record straight about the fivesome, showing that they are still the same five young lads from across the U.K. they were before fame and fortune came calling. "So I think it's a really exciting film," he said. "I hope that people really love it and I hope people really love them off the back of it. They'll always surprise people. I think people must think they must have changed; they really can't be as nice as they are. I can promise you they really are and I think that will come through in 'This Is Us.' "

One Direction's 'This Is Us' Captures 'The Ups, The Downs' Of 1D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review